The John Stark School Board requires each student to complete at least 35 hours of Community Learning, in areas such as Service Learning, Civic Engagement and Career Exploration. Completed hours will earn .25 credits.
Businesses Wanting to Post Community Learning Opportunities for JSRHS Students
- Send a brief description of your volunteer opportunity.
- Send information regarding appropriate candidates.
- Send a link to your website and/or attach an application (if applies).
- List the contact person.
Students Seeking Listed Positions for Community Learning
- Follow guidelines outlined in attached volunteer openings.
- Click below and fill out the JSRHS Exploring Learning Options Form and submit to your advisor.
Current available volunteer opportunities
Please see the Opportunities Board outside the Counseling Center
The Junior and Senior years of high school are years of transition. At John Stark Regional High School, these students are actively engaged in preparation for this transition to the adult world –- be it focused on post-secondary education or the world of work. In order to prepare all students, John Stark provides a number of opportunities for students to venture into the adult world while they are still in the high school.
The Job Shadow is an approved activity for 5 hours toward the John Stark School Board “Community Learning” graduation requirement. The following attachments are the necessary forms to complete for your Job Shadow experience.