Students’ anticipated class schedules are now available for viewing through both the Parent and Student Portals*. (Access via mobile app not yet available.) Final schedules will be distributed to students on the first day of school.
The master schedule was created based upon students’ thoughtful requests for specific courses. There is, therefore, limited opportunity for adjustments to individual schedules. The following list suggests when course changes may be appropriate:
- A graduation requirement is missing
- The student has failed to receive the appropriate grade in summer school.
- The student has not taken or has failed the required prerequisite for the course.
- The teacher initiates the change for the benefit of the student.
- There is a major change in the student’s plan for graduation.
“Not liking” a class/teacher and/or wanting to have late arrival or early dismissal are not sufficient reasons for changing classes.
Student-initiated schedule changes will not be made prior to August 31st, unless they are missing a core academic class. The add/drop period will begin on Monday, August 31st and end on Friday, September 11th. Students can make appropriate schedule changes by meeting with their counselor and securing parent/guardian and teacher signatures, as directed.
We look forward to welcoming students back to school next week.
Donna S. Nelson
Dean of Student Services
School Counseling Center
*Please note that PowerSchool passwords for freshmen were reset over the summer. New passwords will be distributed to students on the first day of school.